Like many other local organisations, we thought we should offer some guidance in relation to the ongoing spread of the Corona virus as part of our duty of care to all our Business Builders associates.
We fully support current Government advice. Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. Catch it, Bin it, Kill it!
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If you are worried about symptoms, please call NHS 111. Do not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Face masks for the general public are not recommended to protect from infection, as there is no evidence of benefit from their use outside healthcare environments.
Please assess your own health prior to visiting our meetings. We kindly ask that you do not attend if you are experiencing any symptoms of the virus.
For more information and the Government’s action plan go here.
More information for businesses is available on the Gov.uk website here.